Tuesday, April 2, 2013

"Rain": First Draft Completed!

Oh, I've been waiting so long to be able to post this!


 
a facsimile of what a former boyfriend would call "the chick dance of joy"!

 I just typed the last line in "Rain"!

I've only been writing it, on and off, since 1994. Yes, almost twenty years. I don't really know how to act or what to feel right now.  As some of the younger bloggers I've read would say: "too many feels". So many I can't put them all down right now. They contradict each other anyway.

I will gather all the input from those who have read it and do a rudimentary edit when I come back from a short trip to Missouri this weekend. On May 4th and 5th I will be attending the DFW Writer's Convention---and pitching "Rain" to an agent. Beta-blockers and other anxiety-reducing chemicals will be needed. And no, I haven't written that yet either. After all you can't pitch a story until it's finished and you know who you are pitching it to. O.K. maybe you can do the former but I've been told most agents want to hear about a finished book and I wanted to able to look them in the eye and say I had completed a manuscript.


Yes, lots to still do but time to move on as well. I guess the best way to put it is: weather is changing. . .it's time  for "Snow". . .then comes "Familiar Strangers" then "Summer Heat" then "Fatherhood"----you know the list. Writing. . .it's a chronic, raging disease. . . and the strangest joy.

Note: Yes, I know in my last blog post I expected to be finished in a week. It was very wishful thinking---it was much harder than I expected but that's another posting. My apologies and, if you've been waiting on this posting, thank you so very much for your patience.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead--- list your website. I'd love to visit.